Y&G Looking to Fill Fund Development Coordinator Position
The Development Coordinator will organize and mobilize development efforts for California YMCA Youth & Government. A new position in the organization, the Development Coordinator will be a critical member of the Y&G team. This position will support the execution of our resource development plans, fundraising, and promotional events.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the execution of California YMCA Youth & Government’s development strategy.
- Explore new funding opportunities.
- Conduct research on prospective donors.
- Manage the Customer Relations Management (CRM)/fundraising software and complete data entry and processing for organization’s annual campaign.
- Oversee and maintain grant management system, ensuring that all deadlines and requirements are met.
- Coordinate grant applications and reports, write and edit drafts, prepare budgets, and other materials as necessary.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Complete necessary correspondence and reporting to funders.
- Update and maintain fundraising and marketing materials.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Need to be a self-reliant and results-driven person.
- Have excellent learning agility and can rapidly understand and analyze new situations.
- An exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages.
- Be highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Multitasking skills are a must, as there are always several projects happening at one time
- Ability to work efficiently, empathetically, and respectfully with others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, being flexible when it is necessary.
- Willing to travel when needed.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must and hands on experience with one or more donor databases/software is preferred, but not required.
- Preference for 2-5 years of work experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations.
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, as a single PDF attachment, please include:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter
- At least one letter of recommendation
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered. No phone calls please.